Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 4, 2014

You made it to Kansas in record time! I didn't know it was possible! 

The boys didn't come to church so we are going to have to find some more punk kids to play basketball with. That is way exciting for Brian and Annie's...branch? Ward? How big is it in Goodland? I'm excited for the coming pictures. Good things Trasie is old enough to stay home alone and take care of all the chores! I need to reply to her letters from my package. Never enough time in a day. 

Good to hear from Bri, I often remember the tricks he played on me especially when my companions try to play practical jokes on me. 
 . . . .

One of our friends committed to quit smoking!! We have had a few lessons on the word of wisdom and how our bodies are a gift and Heavenly Father guides us on how we can take care of them and last night she agreed. She is excited, we are excited. 

Another friend set a baptismal date and we were so happy to hear he had been praying daily. He said that he feels so happy whenever he prays, he doesn't know why but he's just so happy.  We had another lesson and we invited one of the members to come along. Her 10 year old daughter came with also and so we asked if she could participate in the lesson. She agreed and it was the best part of the lesson when she shared who Jesus Christ is to her. The spirit was so strong. 

It has been a good week. Fast Sunday yesterday was really good. It's always a challenge to be patient and loving on an empty stomach. I have always struggled with the law of fasting and finding the purpose in it. Over the course of my mission I have strengthened my testimony in fasting. One answer came when I was reading a general conference talk that fasting helps us to strengthen our self control, making our spirits stronger than our physical bodies. Yesterday I thought about how there were many times when Christ was probably extremely tired, hungry, or lonely and was able to remain completely charitable, patient, and selfless. Fasting is an opportunity for us to be tested, strengthen our spirits and come closer to Christ. 
I hope you have a great week! Love you :)


Rakaudella, Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment