Wednesday, August 20, 2014

July 28, 2014




It has been really warm this week!! Everyone is enjoying the summer and sunshine. This morning we went to Porkkala Niemi, a really pretty place about 45 minutes from home. We went with the bishop’s wife. It was fun to drive out past all the fields and barns and trees. We enjoyed ourselves:) 

This week I had the chance to go on splits with some of the sisters. On our way to an address we saw a couple teenagers bouncing a basketball. I told them how one of my dreams was to challenge some kids to a basketball game in a skirt and get them to come to church. After we visited our address we went to find the basketball court and the boys were still there. I told my companions that if they were still there I would challenge them to a game. In a skirt. We walked over and started talking to them and agreed to a game to 5, and if I beat them they would come to church. We talked about who God is as we played.  5 to 0 :) we gave them our number on a pass along card before we left and one of the guys noticed that it said he could get a free book of Mormon so he asked if we had one on us. We just happened to have one :) unfortunately they weren't in church yesterday but we'll see where it goes! My dream hasn't quite been fulfilled. It's a good start though.

We went to do some yard work last week and invited one of our members to come with us. He invited his friend so we were able to meet him and talk about the Book of Mormon. He is coming to FHE with us tonight. 

Crazy that Emily is home already! I was just thinking this morning how Brighton is 5 months already.   Have fun in Kansas, tell Brian and Annie and Anbri hello.

Love you! Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment