Thursday, July 18, 2013

IMG952119.jpg
Picture sent by an investigator who said Sisar Heggie is doing well with the language.

. . . . Mom I love being a missionary. It's up and it's down but overall it's just all up. The language is hard but I love learning hard things and knowing that I can do it. I love the Gospel. I get it. There is so much to study and understand but every once in awhile I have a "lightbulb" moment where everything makes sense and that it must be what you were hoping I could understand all along. The Savior lives and loves us. He atoned for us when He came to the earth. He stood in our place and took the punishment for our sins to make it possible for us to repent and be forgiven and pray to Heavenly Father and receive blessings. Heavenly Father is aware of each of His children. He is in control and works in mysterious ways. His hand is in everything that I do as a missionary. Oh I love it.   . . . . .

In the lunchroom they have gluten free bread for the unfortunate souls who can't have gluten. We also have access to peanut butter and jelly (just no normal bread) I kept my hands off for a few weeks supposing that I don't need gluten free bread so I'll leave it for those who do. Well one day I couldn't handle it. I made a pb&j out of the bread and sin never tasted so good....but really it was disgusting. haha let's just say that gluten is everything good in bread and when you take that away...you have a sand-which. Seriously. It crumbles apart regardless of how much peanut butter you stick on that stuff. Hahaha sooo I learned my lesson. don't steal bread that isn't meant for you. but now every sacrament meeting when they ask over the pulpit if anyone needs gluten free bread for the sacrament bread we can't help but die laughing thinking of the fond memories of me doing all I can to hold the crumbly sandwich together, trying to choke it down. probably funnier in real life but just laugh. It was hilarious.

Life is so good. Email time is so short. Know that I love you and know that the gospel is true. Live it. Every aspect of it. Become like Christ. We all have something we can work on. The Savior lives and God is our Eternal Father. Kirkko on totta. Mina rakastan tietta. Have a great vikko!

No comments:

Post a Comment