Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 13, 2014

Hi, Sisar Heggie here from the Finland Helsinki Mission. I am reporting that the snow has stuck for a total of 3 days now :) Measuring at about ½inch. I'm in Finland :) It has finally started to get cold. Not as cold as you I don't think! This last week was another week of miracles. We met a lot of fun young people that will hopefully begin investigating. We have appointments with them this week to see where their interests are! I'm excited.  Our district leader told us we needed to pick up our "finding" and later that day we found 3 really cool people. Not investigating yet but amazing how prayers are answered when we are obedient.

This week was really focused on prayer. Meaningful prayers. Then in church yesterday I gave a talk on it.  Scary but fun. I don't know if I have told you before how hard it is to make a joke to a crowd of Finns, but it's tough. Their humor is different or something. After my talk the first counselor of the bishopric came and thanked me then told me he enjoyed my talk and that he was surprised that a missionary could work humor into their talk. I don't know which made me more happy, not passing out in my talk or actually getting Finns to laugh at my jokes!

The other night we had a lesson with a less active family we have been working with. They are a lot of fun and the daughter is 12. She wanted to make a snow dog so we all went out and played in the snow. The snow dog actually turned out quite well! Don't miss me too much I'm just here on the other side of the globe. You are in my prayers. I love you :)

Last night we had a fun appointment with a family in our ward. The dad is way funny. I always love hearing/having a good laugh. He then thanked us for what an important thing we are doing and bore testimony of the blessings of the gospel in his life. He is a convert, contacted first by missionaries knocking on his door and now he has a happy family and an eternal marriage with his wife that he adores.

The couple serving in Turku with us (Mortensen's) are a hoot. Elder Mortensen is always making a joke. He was talking to a man on the street saying how his wife is an angel. the man replied "Well congratulations, mine is still living!". Oh funny people!

The gospel is true. In sacrament meeting yesterday I had my eyes closed and looked up and saw the man who was passing me the sacrament when the sacrament came around. He is this cute old man whose daughter is less active. I love talking with him, he has a great heart. When I looked up and saw him I was just overwhelmed with the love of the Savior. I love these people. This is a blessing that has come because of the gospel. Because of our Savior and His atonement we can feel so much love and joy! I love you all, have another great week!

Rakkaudella, Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment