Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!! The office called letting me know I got a package from my family so I will get it next week when the Zone Leaders come back from Helsinki :) Thank you!  This morning during work out time there was a knock at the door and the other sisters in our district were outside with a frying pan and banana pancake batter! so they came in and made me breakfast for my birthday :) that was fun.

Congratulations to the softball team, sounds like they are doing well. Trasie you are beautiful! You look old. Not old old, just grown up. Stop it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Jackson is a great kid and it sounds like he had a lot of fun too. You're dancing must have got a little crazy but luckily you had a pit crew ready for the job.

Dad our new contacts are doing great. One was in church again yesterday with awesome questions. Hopefully he is at FHE tonight! Another one we set a baptism date with. I'm excited to see the changes that will take place as he applies the atonement; we have a lot of work to do :) We organized a girls’ night for this week. Hopefully we have a good turnout. We have awesome people in our ward! Our branch president and his wife just blessed their baby and had a ton of their non member friends at church for it and we got to meet a few of them. Way powerful meeting.

21 years ago you were waiting for your bundle of "joy". Good thing the joy part finally kicked in! Ha it's fun to tell people my middle name.  Obviously joy is a different work in Finnish but the grandmas especially love it. I like your answer to what I do as a missionary. Love people. That is really all there is to it. That is missionary work. You love people. And as you do that you naturally want to share the best part of your life. You try to understand where they are coming from and what will make them happy. The gospel of Jesus Christ will make them happy. The sure knowledge that they are a child of God, a loving Father in Heaven, and that He gives us the blessing and trials He sees fit for us that will make us grown and progress and then we can come to understand His plan for us.

I'm excited for Easter weekend. I am speaking in church which is super intimidating but also another reason to get people to sacrament meeting on Sunday! Madi sent me a couple pictures of her with Kambrie. She does love her grandma, hopefully you share when I get back!

Thank you for the email, love you!
Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment