Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 22, 2014

(Sisar Heggie will be returning January 1, 2015.  We will keep you posted on details of her return and sacrament meeting report.)

Our friend brought her daughter with her to church and she loved primary! She is excited for her baptism this Saturday, and we are so excited for her!! Another friend is continuing to progress. He takes things at his pace and he is more prepared than he knows. It's amazing to see how the gospel has influenced his life. He is more confident, smiles more, and is just happier!! As well as his roommate,who was baptized last year. His roommate commented last night after discussing building a strong foundation of faith that "Faith helps a lot, especially to be more positive" which is something we have been hoping to improve! Our friend we met 2 weeks ago also came to church again and we were able to give her a Book of Mormon and she is so excited to read it. We took her some banana bread last night and met her roommate, who is so cute as well! We're blessed and excited to get to start teaching them. The Lord is blessing us, putting those who are prepared right into our hands. I care so much for each of these people. Sometimes I feel like my heart will explode! 

It was funny this week I was talking to an older couple on the train telling them what I am doing here as a missionary. The lady asked me for which church and I told her. she replied that i should stay quiet because her husband doesn't approve of us "mormons". Well he was pretty hard of hearing so he didn't hear and just kept on smiling as we talked. I kept chatting and was telling her about my family and how my old dad just won a rodeo a couple weeks ago. She was surprised (not because you're so old dad) and asked "oh so he must not be 'mormon' " I clarified that as mormon's we can still rodeo and we did a few other clarifications. It was a way fun conversation and by the end the husband wished me a good night. It's fun to just talk with people! 

Sounds like Alberta has more snow than Finland. I guess it's supposed to snow in the north this week. lucky me, I'm in the south :) 

I hope you all have a great week! love you!! Sisar Heggie
My MTC district. First time we have all been back together since over a year ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment