Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 1, 2014

I am very impressed! My companion kept calling me scrooge when I wouldn't let us listen to Christmas music until today, but I am now enjoying the Christmas music! The tree looks really nice!! Very different than previous years, but I guess that will have to be part of the trade when all of us are out of the house!

I have not heard anything about our travel plans, but yes that is what I handed in was that I will fly into Las Vegas. The previous group of missionaries sounded like they didn't get their plans until a few days before. President just said to plan on being home around 7:00pm on January 1st. 

Yeah dad we use the metric system. If I remember correctly, -16 Fahrenheit is pretty cold!!! It has still been pretty warm here, around -2 or -3 today.

The talks and Sunday school lesson sound like they went well. We had the primary program this week which was a lot of fun. It was cool to see the parents of part member families there to support their children. Sometimes I think the best way to their hearts is through their children so it's cool that all over the world primary put on a program teaching the most plain and precious parts of the gospel. I love the primary songs, they are so powerful. 

Sounds like you all had a great thanksgiving! I learned that they now make meatballs out of fish. That makes this the 6th time we have had fish this month. I think that is a record :) it's like a fish stick, in a ball, but different. I would stick with mashed potatoes and turkey. They don't celebrate thanksgiving here, but we did have a dinner appointment that night so we called it our thanksgiving. I love the members. They have such good hearts. 

Can’t believe its December already. This last month has gone by fast. Exciting to hear that Brian and Annie got moved. Hopefully his first day at work goes well. 

This week I noticed a lot about pondering. The ability to ponder is a gift, and a gift we should take advantage of. Many great prophets have gained greater knowledge and guidance while they were pondering. I’ve been reading in Helaman and the Lord guided Nephi as he was pondering Hel 10:4. I think it would do us good to take time to ponder the things we study every day! and then share them! Share your testimony of the things you do know. Hel 7:29. They are facts. Plain and simple. God lives. Jesus Christ is our Savior. Without Him we would have no hope. Through Him we can have peace and joy and live with our families forever. His church has been restored. I love you all!

Have a nice Monday back at school and work!! 

Rakkaudella, Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment