Monday, December 29, 2014

She is coming home!!!!

December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!!! I can't believe that this week has come. 18 months has gone by so quickly and I have learned so much. I remember having an interview with my District President in the MTC and he asked me what i hoped to see for my mission. I told him i wanted to help at least 1 person, a mom, to find the gospel so that she could find the joy and peace we have and teach it to her children. He was a quiet man, spoke very softly and he promised that I would have that opportunity. I looked forward to it and were times where I wondered if it would happen. But during that time I also found many other reasons the Lord wanted me to serve a mission. I always hoped, but almost forgot about that interview and promise until this week, as we were preparing for the baptism. We have been teaching her for 2 months, but it finally hit me that THIS is a fulfillment to that promise. That and many others. Brother Alakoski (family we skyped with) also pointed out to me that I am a future mother. That the lessons I have learned here I will teach to my own children. The Lord fulfills His promises. He fulfilled them in the Bible, in the Book of Mormon, and He is constant. He fulfills His promises to us today. The gospel is a guide to a joyful life. Jesus Christ taught while He was visiting the Nephites "Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do; " Chirst set a perfect example for us. He also established His church. We need the order and authority provided by that organization. Moroni as he was finishing up his record decided to write more than he had originally planned. Those things he added pertain to authority and organization in the church. That's what he decided to talk about. Authority. A loving God has restored that authority. Because of that authority we can receive a remission of sins. we can receive the gift of the holy ghost. we can be sealed as families for eternity. we can return to live with our heavenly father. we can have peace and joy in this life, and for eternity.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a full time missionary. It is bitter sweet. I love you all. Thank you for your support and for helping me to be focused. Thank you for your examples and faithfulness to the gospel. We have been abundantly blessed. I see the Lord's hand in my life daily. I love my Savior. Thank you for all that you do. See you on Thursday!

ps- remember cheese, slicer, cucumber, ...and tras bring your running shoes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment