Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 9, 2013

Sisar Chelsie Heggie
Finland Helsinki Mission
Neitsytpolku 3A4
FI-00140 Helsinki

I GOT MY CHRISTMAS PACKAGE!!!! And I have to admit that I opened up the stocking and have already gone through some gold fish and jerky. I am excited to use the moustache ice cubes and believe it or not I will finally be able to set them outside to freeze! Turns our Turku is a lot warmer than Ely or St George or Cardston! Who would have guessed?! We have a little bit of snow on the ground, just enough to stick and light everything up. It is very pretty. I will save my presents for Christmas day ;)

Christmas is a huge deal here. Everybody gets together with their families which make it difficult to plan lessons with investigators but also people are home with their families as well as in the Christmas spirit! People are very approachable (for the most part) and love to talk about their Christmas plans and family. So yes, we are full of the Christmas cheer here!! There are a lot of different kinds of people so it is interesting to talk about Heavenly Father's plan for us and Christ. People are a little shy but eventually will open up.

Wow sounds like things are doing great in McGill!! That is way exciting that we have a young adult branch! I love to hear how missionary work is moving forward!

The FHE we had last week turned out to be awesome!! We talked a little bit about the plan of salvation focusing on families and we now have a new family to teach. The dad was asking good questions and we are headed out there again tonight. It is so exciting to teach. Mom and dad I can't tell you how much I love the people here. My heart is 100% completely right here right now. I love the mission work. Thank you for helping me to be here right now. The language is coming along. Have you ever seen those commercials for the never ending swimming pools? You keep swimming and swimming but feel like you haven't gotten anywhere but really you have, it just means you have gotten stronger? That's what the language feels like and yesterday I loved to hear from one of the members tell me my Finnish has improved a lot. I have learned that I just can't be afraid to make mistakes. People are patient and willing to figure out what I am trying to say. It comes from practicing and studying and the gift of tongues.

I find out if I am staying this Friday, I will let you know next week my change call. My guess is I will be here in Turku but I'll let you know if it changes :)  Thank you for your love and support and the package of Christmas from home! I love you all, hope you have a great week.

Rakaudella, Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment