Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 16, 2013

I'm staying in Turku!! Sister Kunz will be flying home on Wednesday, pretty crazy that I have been out for 6 months now. Time flies and it is a bit scary my trainer is leaving me. This is when she said her language skills improved is when she couldn't depend on her companion to understand everything. My new companion is Sister Scellenberg, I am really excited to serve with her. We were in the same MTC group and she is great. I met her the first time in Provo at a breakfast we did and when I dropped her off at her house afterward I decided she is one that I would love serving with. In Finland Christmas Eve is the big celebration day so I am spending Christmas Eve with the family I told you about a couple weeks ago. 

. . . . Hockey is huge here and the other day we were talking with a family and they couldn't believe I didn't grow up watching hockey. I explained the NFR to them which was quite entertaining. . . .

Hahaha I love the fish, thank you. I heard from my companion today about one of her friends serving in Zimbabwe who ate rotten goat because that was the best they had. I will be happy to be eating yummy fish from now on :) I did get Aunt Lisa's package and have been using my new pillowcase :)  . . . hahaha good that Riley's companions are getting good use out of his skills, there probably aren't going to be too many like him that they will get to serve with!

. . . . Actually before I come home I am going to have to find fur something for you all. I thought it was hideous when I got here but now I love it. And I saw some fur scarf things for little girls the other day and almost had to get them for Kambrie and Anbri.

It is good to hear from you all. I am excited to talk with you in a few more days! I love my Savior. I love this gospel. I am so grateful for a living prophet. I hope you all have a great week and remember to be an example and light in sharing the gospel. I love you all!

Rakaudella, Sisar Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment